Friday, February 8, 2013

HAPPY VALLEY BAPTIST CHURCH - Villa Rica, Georgia

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd - After the morning service at Central and quick lunch at Pastor Thorn's house, Bro. Evans, his wife, Stacie and myself headed from Lanett, Alabama to Villa Rica, Georgia to be at Happy Valley Baptist Church where Eddie Wyatt is the pastor.  Bro. Wyatt and I were together in the meeting in Cape Coral, Florida back in January and he invited me to preach for him.  He mentioned to me that their missions revival would start the next night.

I have known Bro. Wyatt for about 15 years but this was our first time at his church.  It was a blessing to get to meet these folks and we enjoyed a great service.  The congregational singing was lively and worshipful.  Bro. Wyatt's son, Levi, and his wife sang the special music and there was a good stirring as they sang.  Several people came to the altar while they were singing.  I sat in my seat praying for God to make it clear what to do because I sure did not want to hinder anything.  The Lord gave good liberty to preach and the Holy Spirit was working in a big way in the hearts of the people.  The altars were full during the invitation and Bro. Wyatt said some very kind words at the end of the service.  Bro. Wyatt invited us to come back in the future and we are looking forward to returning.

Bro. Evans and I went back over on Tuesday evening for their missions revival.  Church planter Harvey Ware was the preacher for the week and it was a good service.

No comments:

Post a Comment