Sunday, June 2, 2013

STARTING TODAY: FIRST MOUNT PLEASANT BAPTIST CHURCH - Franklin, Indiana

We have been in town here in Franklin, Indiana for a little over a week.  I had the privilege of teaching Sunday School and preaching the evening service this past Sunday.  On Thursday night I preached the weekly men's Bible study.

TODAY is the first day of the revival meeting here at First Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church.  I have known Pastor Kent Kirchmeyer for over 30 years.  He used to be my Sunday School teacher in New York when I was in the Junior Boys class!  I'm not old but I sure am feeling older when I look back at it that way!  He has been the pastor here for 16 1/2 years.  This week is also the church's anniversary - I am not sure of the exact number but I believe the church started about 180 years ago - wow!

As has been our prayer for the meetings this year, we are really asking God for a moving in the hearts of the people and that it will be a life-changing meeting: in the life of the church as a body of believers and in peoples lives individually.  We really want God to work but it will only come after the people are obedient and do their part.

I strongly covet your prayers as we endeavor to do what we always try to do with the Lord's empowering: be a help to the local church!


First Mount Pleasant Baptist Church in Franklin, Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment