Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Out with the "old" PART TWO...

What a wonderful time we had at Old Time tonight as we "closed out" 6790 Gowanda State Road with the last service.  There was some congregational music, some special music and a few great testimonies.  As I said on my Twitter post - we generated new memories as we re-lived old memories.  We heard from a young Christian saved a year ago as well as our pastoral staff. 

I had the privilege of also giving a testimony on my memories of "6790".  Stacie and I were married there (actually the last couple to get married in the building that was knocked down and replaced with this current one).  Stacie got saved there.  I preached dozens of times there. 

It was a very emotional time and ended with a very fitting and somber event - our Preacher singing the song he is known around the world for - "Tiny Little Hands".

I can't wait for Friday!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, that sounded like a great service. Almost had a tear in my eye thinking of preacher singing that song. I am so sad I will not be there Friday - I am in Indiana visiting my daughter Lisa, her husband Josh and my adorable granddaughter Evie.

    ReplyDelete