Saturday, September 1, 2012

BAPTIST TABERNACLE TENT REVIVAL - Scio, New York

I have known Evangelist Cliff Taylor for many years now.  Bro. Taylor was at our camp meeting in Hamburg last week and while we were talking about what we would be doing in the future I mentioned that Evangelist David Evans and I would be going to be at Buck Settlement Baptist Church the following week.  Bro. Taylor also mentioned that there was a church down in that area (what is known as the "Southern Tier" of Western New York) that he was helping and they were holding a tent meeting this same week.  He mentioned that he would like for us to stop by and preach during the meeting if worked out.  The church had been going through a difficult time and that they were currently without a pastor.  Even though there was just a small handful of people left, they asked Bro. Taylor to help them with a tent meeting.

Bro. Evans and I were more than willing to go and do whatever the Lord would let us do.  Well it worked out for us to go on the Friday night (last night - and the last night of the meeting).  I had been keeping up with Bro. Taylor during the week and he was telling me of the miraculous things that God had been doing during the week.  There was another local church in the area that had been coming faithfully every night to support the meeting.  It really boiled down to God doing some supernatural things to help a hurting people.  He said that the Lord used the preachers in a big way and that the momentum had been building service after service.

The plan was for the Evans' to sing, Bro. Evans preach first and I was to close out the meeting.  God fell on Bro. Evans' message and when it came time for the invitation the altars were full and the invitation was extended.  The Lord performed an absolute miracle in the lives of one of the families in the church and many others got some help.  People then got to testifying and it was sweet. 

I really was preparing not to preach because after all that happened it seemed to me the Lord might be done.  After several minutes Bro. Taylor was moderating from the pulpit and he looked my way.  I simply shook my head "no" trying to let him know that I did not have to preach if the Lord was done and I was ok with that.  I even got my Bible out and started looking over some verses to possibly preach a different message if he eventually did call on me to preach.  Well long-story-short, Bro. Taylor told me the people were ready for some more preaching and to come to the pulpit.  The Lord very clearly told me to preach what He originally laid on my heart several days before.  I do not say this bragging but in humble sincerity - I knew God gave me the unction to preach just as He did Bro. Evans and that He was on the message.  The altars were again full and people continued to get help.

Bro. Taylor closed out by saying some very kind words about the final messages of the tent meeting and we sure do want to make sure all the glory and honor goes to God.  It was a blessing to be a part of a great service and see God do the supernatural.

I have posted a few pictures below...
Scio, New York is about a two-hour drive southwest of Buffalo

The gospel tent set up on the grounds of Baptist Tabernacle in Scio, New York

Scio, New York is situated in the "Southern Tier" of Western New York - a beautiful place for an old-fashioned gospel tent meeting.

Evangelist David Evans and Family singing

Evangelist David Evans preaching

Another picture of the gospel tent at Baptist Tabernacle in Scio, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment